UKQ Level 3 Certificate in Information Technology (Network Administration) in Islamabad
Start your career in the fast growing information technology (IT) industry with this qualification. This course will provide you with the knowledge to develop basic network administration skills. You will learn how to provide support in the workplace across a range of information and communication technology (ICT) areas including technical support and network administration.
During your studies you will develop the knowledge and skills in maintaining computer operating systems and hardware, identifying online security threats and operating application software packages. In addition, you will learn how to configure, secure and test system software for a small home office network or small to medium business network.
UKQ Level 3 qualifications can be offered to learners from age 16. UKQ does not specify entry requirements for these qualifications. UKQ ensures that learners admitted to the programme have sufficient capability at the right level to undertake the learning and assessment criteria.
UKQ Centre must ensure learners are recruited with integrity onto appropriate qualifications that will meet their needs, enable and facilitate learning and achievement enable progression. The qualification is offered in English.
- Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- Work in a team
- Identify IP, ethics and privacy policies in ICT environments
- Apply introductory programming techniques
- Provide ICT advice to clients
- Protect own personal online profile from cyber security threats
- Identify and report online security threats
- Use computer operating systems and hardware
- Operate application software packages
- Install and manage network protocols
Top areas of employment include:
- IT technician
- Client support officer
- ICT operations support
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over 6 months for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online by approved centres only.