The Level 6 qualifications in Occupational Health and Safety are developed to provide learners who have or are looking to develop into a senior role in an organisation for managing health and safety policy and practice. Learners will gain the skills and knowledge to understand the legal and regulatory background to occupational health and safety policy, to be able to assess policies, as well as to recommend and implement policy changes. Learners will develop knowledge and skills relevant to putting policy into practice, utilising management systems, resources, risk and incident management, leadership, management and skills development.
Individuals successfully completing the diploma qualification will be eligible to apply for the Graduate level of membership Grad IOSH.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety qualification, learners must possess:
- Relevant NQF/QCF/RQF certificate or diploma or equivalent recognised qualification that covers the following basic concepts within Occupational Health & Safety:
- Science and Technology
- Legal and regulatory systems
- Workplace safety and health
- Definitions of risk and risk management principles
- Principles and theories of safety and health management
- Occupational health and hygiene
- Occupational psychology
- Information technology, literacy and numeracy
- British Safety Council Level 3 Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- British Safety Council International Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
- NCFE IOSH Level 3 Certificate in Safety and Health for Business
- NCRQ Level 6 Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Mature learners (over 21) with practical experience at least 2 years
- Learner must be 18 years or older at the beginning of the course
English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country, they must provide evidence of English language competency. For more information visit English Language Expectations page in this website.
OTHM qualifications at RQF Level 6 represent practical knowledge, skills, capabilities and competences that are assessed in academic terms as being equivalent level to Bachelor’s Degrees with Honours, Bachelor’s Degrees, Professional Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates.
OTHM Level 6 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
The Level 6 Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety consists of 4 mandatory units for a combined total of 32 credits for the completed qualification.
- Health and Safety Management Principles and Policy (8 credits)
- Health and Safety Management Practice (10 credits)
- Risk and Incident Management (8 credits)
- Promoting a Positive Health and Safety Culture (6 credits)
Company Name: Professional Revolutionary Institute of Technology (PRIT)
Company Reg. No: 0127747
For more info: +923211222295/+923211222296