The ProQual Level 1 Award in the Principles of Customer Service qualification provides an opportunity to gain the basic skills and knowledge required for any job which involves dealing with customers. It provides an introduction to the principles of customer service and is appropriate for individuals working in a customer service role or those who are developing employability skills and preparing for work.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for these qualifications has been approved by the Department for Education and Skills (DfES) for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and it provides a progression route to higher level qualifications in Customer Service or other discipline related qualifications.
Qualification title ProQual Level 1 Award in the Principles of Customer Service
Ofqual qualification number 600/7736/0
Level Level 1
Total qualification time 60 hours
Guided learning hours 30
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
To achieve the qualification candidates must complete the Mandatory unit.
Principles of customer service
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and/or occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence