OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management
(For Registration & Fee Details please Contact 0092-321-1222295/0092-321-1222296)
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification is to develop learners’ understanding of policy, management theory and practice in health and social care. It provides learners with an opportunity to engage with the challenges facing professionals, services users and policy makers in their own country. It will provide knowledge that underpins the ability to work as an effective manager in the hospitals/social care industry. It combines both theoretical and practical knowledge in the health and social care profession. The qualification will develop and enhance knowledge and skills in the areas of leading change, effective performance, planning and accountability, development and team leadership. Learners will be able to work in a variety of roles within health care administration and/or management.
Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
- Learners from age 18 with Management Experience
- An honours degree in related subject
- Level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- English language competency
– Master’s Degrees -Integrated Master’s Degrees -Postgraduate Diplomas-Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and Postgraduate Certificates.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification consists of 8 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 600 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Managing Service Delivery in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Managing Finance in the Healthcare Sector (15 credits)
- International Health Policy (15 credits)
- Strategic Management in the Healthcare Industry (15 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour in Health and Social Care (15 credits)
- Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Strategic Marketing for Health and Social Care (10 credits)
- Research Methods for Healthcare Professionals (20 credits)
Assessment type Essay / Report / Presentation Word Count 4500 Approximately
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over One Academic Year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning. The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance, online .
Achieving the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Health and Social Care Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their further study. As this qualification is approved and regulated by Ofqual (Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation), learners are eligible to progress to Master’s top-up programmes at many universities in the UK and overseas with advanced standing.