OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology
(For Registration & Fee Details please Contact 0092-321-1222295/0092-321-1222296)
The objective of the OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology is to provide learners with an excellent foundation for a career in a range of organisations. It is designed to ensure that each learner is ‘business ready’: a confident, independent thinker with a detailed knowledge of Information Technology, and equipped with the skills to adapt rapidly to change.The qualification is ideal for those who have started, or are planning to move into, a career in private or public sector business. Successful completion of the Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology will provide learners with the opportunity to progress to further study or employment.
- Learners from age 18 with Management Experience
- Level 3 Award or Diploma
- GCE / GCSE or equivalent qualification
- English language competency
- Higher National Certificates (HNC)
- Year 1 of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree programme
The OTHM Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits, 1200 hours Total Qualification Time (TQT) and 480 Guided Learning Hours (GLH) for the completed qualification.
- Programming Foundations (20 credits)
- Systems Analysis and Design (20 credits)
- Web and Multimedia Applications (20 credits)
- Computer and Network Technology (20 credits)
- Software Development (20 credits)
- Managing Business Information (20 credits)
Assessment type Course Work , Project , Computer Work Simulation Word Count 2500 Approximately
Duration and delivery
The qualification is designed to be delivered over one academic year for full-time study, but it is also flexible in its delivery in order to accommodate part-time and distance learning.The qualification is delivered face-to-face, through lectures, tutorials, seminars, distance as well as online.
Successful completion of Level 4 Diploma in Information Technology provides learners the opportunity for a wide range of academic progressions including OTHM Level 5 Diploma in Information Technology.