The Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership is aimed at managers who wish to build on their strategic management and leadership skills and to focus on the requirements of implementing their organisation’s strategy.
The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is directly related to the National Occupational Standards for Management and Leadership.
Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Qualification title ProQual Level 7 NVQ Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
Ofqual qualification number 601/4760/X
Total qualification time 450 hours
Guided learning hours 223
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must achieve a minimum of 45 credits:
• 16 credits from Mandatory Group A, plus
• A minimum of 29 credits from Optional Group B A minimum of 35 credits must be achieved at Level 7.
Group A Mandatory Units – complete all units
Develop a strategic business plan
Execute a strategic business plan
Provide strategic leadership and direction
Group B Optional Units – a minimum of 29 credits
Develop a business strategy
Establish organisational governance controls
Shape organisational culture and values
Manage strategic human resources
Obtain financial resources
Lead the development of a quality strategy
Lead the development of a continuous improvement strategy
Establish business risk management processes
Promote equality of opportunity, diversity and inclusion
Design business processes
Develop and manage collaborative relationships with other organisations
Optimise the use of technology
Manage product and/or service development
Manage strategic marketing activities
Lead the development of a knowledge management strategy
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and/or occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence