The Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service qualification provides a nationally recognised qualification for anyone working in a customer-facing role. It will also build learners’ knowledge of the principles of customer service.The awarding body for this qualification is ProQual Awarding Body and the regulatory body is the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual). The specification for this qualification has been approved by the Welsh Government for use by centres in Wales and by the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) for use by centres in Northern Ireland.
The qualification has been accredited onto the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF)
and provides a progression route to higher level or discipline related qualifications.
Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
Qualification title : ProQual Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
Ofqual qualification number :601/4768/4
Total qualification time :150
Guided learning hours :135
Assessment :Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete the 3 Mandatory units.
Mandatory Units – complete all units
Understanding the organisation
Prepare to deliver excellent customer service
Communication in the customer service role
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and/or occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence