The Level 2 Award in Asbestos Awareness qualification helps employers to demonstrate their compliance with the Control of Asbestos Regulations, ensuring that their employees who may be liable to exposure to asbestos have received adequate training relating to the risks.
The aim of this qualification is to raise awareness of health risks associated with exposure to asbestos.
The awarding organisation for this qualification is ProQual AB. This qualification is regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and the Council for the Curriculum Examinations and Assessment (CCEA) Regulation. The Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) includes those qualifications regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation.
Qualification title ProQual Level 2 Award in Asbestos Awareness
Ofqual qualification number 600/6386/5
Level Level 2
Total qualification time 20 hours
Guided learning hours 15
Assessment Pass or fail
Internally assessed and verified by centre staff
External quality assurance by ProQual verifiers
This qualification is appropriate for candidates who may be liable to exposure to asbestos.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
Centres should carry out an initial assessment of candidate skills and knowledge to identify any gaps and help plan the assessment.
Candidates must complete the Mandatory unit.
Health risks asbestos
Centres must be approved to offer this qualification. If your centre is not approved please complete and submit form ProQual Additional Qualification Approval Application.
Staff delivering this qualification must be appropriately qualified and occupationally competent.
Assessors/Internal Quality Assurance
For each competence-based unit centres must be able to provide at least one assessor and one internal quality assurance verifier who are suitably qualified for the specific occupational area. Assessors and internal quality assurance verifiers for competence-based units or qualifications will normally need to hold appropriate assessor or verifier qualifications, such as:
• Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
• Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
• Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
• Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
• Certificate in Leading the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices
Support for Candidates
Materials produced by centres to support candidates should:
• enable them to track their achievements as they progress through the learning outcomes and assessment criteria;
• provide information on where ProQual’s policies and procedures can be viewed;
• provide a means of enabling Internal and External Quality Assurance staff to authenticate evidence